Aramid Ropes (braided)
Aramid Rope, Aramid Cord
In this category you may order braided aramid ropes and cords made of high quality Twaron® yarns.
Aramid ropes offer heat resistance, very high breaking strength and extremely low working stretch values. Aramid fibres do not melt at high temperatures but begin to char from about 932°F (500°C).
Aramid ropes are also high appreciated for its high cut resistance properties, good dimenssionaly stability, resistance to "creep" (time and temperature dependent plastic deformation under constant load), corrosion resistance, high chemical and seawater resistance. Aramid rope is often substituted for steel cable where its chemical resistance to rusting and lower weight is a real advantage.
- Working stretch: <1,5%
- Breaking stretch: 2-4%
- Temperature resistance: very good, no melting and dripping, charred at approx. 932°F (500° C)
- Water absorption: 2-5%
- Strength loss due to humidity: 0%
- Knot tenacity: 30-35% of breaking strength
- Light resistance: poor, without protective measures, the breaking strength can be reduced
- Abrasion resistance: adequate
- Acids resistance: partially good resistance, alkalis resistance: partially good resistance
- Petrol, diesel, lubricating oil: no reaction
- Solvents: minimal reaction
- Insulating properties: excellent
Areas of Application
Thanks to its properties braided aramid ropes have very wide range of application areas.
Especially it is a perfect wire rope replacement and in the areas with very high environmental temperatures.
Mechanical engineering, control ropes, tensioning cables, anchorage, special industrial applications, offshore constructions, flightsports, paragliders, fire department, stage construction, theatrical rigging line, modelling, reinforcement material for cables, cut protection, endless string, pyrotechnics, fire artist, fire jumping rope, fire poi, reinforcement for optical fiber cables or rubber materials, sports equipment, racing, heat protection.