Polyhemp Rope (twisted)
Polyhemp ropes (twisted)
In this category you may order twisted polyhemp ropes made of PP polypropylene spun yarns.
The polypropylene ropes, also known as synthetic hemp or Spleitex®, consists of 100% polypropylene (PP) and is visually and haptically indistinguishable from a natural hemp rope. In contrast to natural hemp ropes, the polyhemp ropes do not absorb water and there for are very weather resistant. They are also odourless, UV light resistant and are easy care.
Being used outdoors, the polyhemp ropes offer significantly longer durability, higher weather and light resistance than, for example natural fibre ropes. Such ropes are perfectly suited for application in outdoor areas.
- Brand name: polyhemp, Spleitex®
- Weatherproof, rot resistant
- Applicable in indoors and outdoors areas
- Doesn't absorbs water, floatable
- Strength loss due to humidity: 0%
- UV-light resistance: good
- Range Exposure: 140°C
- Melting point: 170°C
- Acids 50% concentration: no influence
- Petrol, diesel, oil: no influence
- Solvents: no influence
- Alkalis: resistant to weak alkalis
- Electric properties: excellent isolating properties
- Hemp coloured, subsequently not dyeable
Areas of Application
Polyhemp ropes have bride range of areas of application. They are often being used as handrail or barrier ropes as well as boundary for the terrace. Such ropes are also an excellent creative element for decorating ideas, ambience design and DIY-activities. Polyhemp ropes and cords are also suitable for many sophisticated industrial applications.
Horticulture, landscaping, modelling, design, window dressing, labelling, shipping, rigging, industry, construction, maritime, traction rope, mooring line, horse rope, climbing rope, sporting rope, handrail rope, safety rope, playground constructions, control rope in theatres, training rope, gymnastics rope, ambience equipment in hotels, bars, houses etc...